Composting 101- Session 6: Harvest & Winter Preparations
Saturday, November 19, 2022 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
In this final session of the series, we'll talk about some necessary preparations that will keep your compost going during the winter season, as well as how to protect the nutrients that you helped create. What happens in your pile during winter?
Lastly, we'll discuss what we can learn from composting, and we'll reflect on how composting has changed our lives by helping us envision a new symbiotic world.
Registration Fee: $25
Six month course: $120
Click here to learn more about the other sessions in our Conscious Composting Series.
- Basics: Where to begin (June 18th)
- Kitchen Waste: Do’s and Don’t’s (July 16th)
- The Spirit of Soil Science & Working with the Elements (August 20th)
- Regenerating with Compost (September 17th)
- The Language of the Earth (October 15th)
- The Harvest & Winter Preparations (November 19th)
About the leader(s)
Before she came to Rolling Ridge to work with the land, Nicole worked at Flatbread Company in Bedford, where she co-pioneered the herbal and floral gardens. As a steward of the Earth, she believes composting can help heal our planet!
She is also qualified to teach the MBSR (Mind, Body Stress Reduction) program and trained with the UMass Center for Mindfulness Medical School.