Silent Compassion Richard Rohr Book Study
Monthly on the 1st Sunday 3:00 PM to Sunday, November 6, 2022 4:30 PM
Our Sunday afternoon Rolling Ridge book group returns to a Richard Rohr study this fall as we look at Silent Compassion: Finding God in Contemplation. In this 2014 classic, Rohr focuses on finding God in the depths of silence, and shares that the divine silence is more than the absence of noise. Divine silence has a life of its own, in which we are invited into its living presence, wholeness of being, and peace it brings. This book will inspire you and show that the peace of contemplation is not something just for monks, mystics, and those divorced from the worries of the world, but rather for all people who can quiet their own mind to listen in the silence.
Our schedule on Sundays at 3 pm eastern:
- September 4 = Preface and Introduction
- September 18 = Chapter 1: Finding God in the Depths of Silence
- October 2 = Chapter 2: Sacred Silence, Pathway to Compassion
- October 16 = Chapter 3: The True Self is Compassion, Love Itself
- November 6 = Chapter 4: Looking Out in Prayer with Contemplative Eyes
- November 20 = Chapter 5: The Path to Non-Dual Thinking
Although there is no charge for our book study, your generous donation allows the Ridge to continue offering spiritually inspiring events to connect all people, God, and creation as we create safe and sacred space for deep listening and spiritual companionship. Thanks for your support!
This is our regular Sunday afternoon book study. Focus of this session is Silent Compassion: Finding God in Contemplation by Richard Rohr. Link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Compassion-Finding-God-Contemplation/dp/1616367571
About the leader(s)