Voices and Stories Series
To build bridges of understanding, we must take time to listen to the experiences of others. "Voices and Stories" is a new ONLINE series that uses historical education and contemplative listening to open hearts and minds to the events that have shaped American society today. Every month, we will highlight an aspect of American history through video and story that will lead into a time of contemplative sharing and reflective conversation. In a "safe and sacred space", we will consider the historical implications for our world today and what we need to do to build bridges of understanding and to take a stand for justice against racism, sexism, and faithism.
Upcoming events in this series:
- - Camp Meetings and the Evangelical Spirit on Thursday, August 19, 2021
- - Marriage Equality on Thursday, November 18, 2021
Previous events in this series:
- - The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 on Thursday, May 6, 2021
- - Juneteenth on Monday, June 14, 2021
- - The 1982 Murder of Vincent Chin on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- - The musical Hamilton on Monday, June 12, 2021
If you'd like access to recordings of previous events, please email us.