Rolling Ridge on the Road
“Rolling Ridge on the Road” is a collaborative effort with local ministry leaders to bring to congregational settings the spiritual formation resources to nurture healthy and thriving communities that can transform their neighborhoods.
Rolling Ridge consultants will work alongside your church leadership to strengthen and extend your church's ministry of adult spiritual formation. Like you, we desire that your congregation awakens afresh to who they are, who they can become, and the innovative ministry expressions they might yet attempt all in the way of Jesus.
We begin with a one-day contemplative event/retreat, which can be offered virtually or in-person, followed by a customized plan for the creation of "Soul Care" spiritual companionship groups that continue the deepening of relationships and ministry through experiential, contemplative practices rooted in the Christian tradition.
These resources are available to any church, regardless of size, denomination, theology, or location. (Through a grant from the United Methodist Foundation, Rolling Ridge is able to offer these services at a nominal fee to United Methodist Churches in the New England Conference.)
How does this collaboration happen? Once we receive and review your “Getting Started” information, we will arrange an initial conversation to determine together the best next steps. As your event begins to take shape, we will be right alongside providing guidelines and pertinent information for hosting your meaning-filled “Rolling Ridge on the Road” event. Following your Rolling Ridge event, we will get your feedback and work with you to discern next best steps.
Interested? Check out our APPLICATION LINK
Click here for a flier on Rolling Ridge on the Road
Based upon the invitation to hold a “Rolling Ridge on the Road” event within the context of a local congregation, there are specific Event Responsibilities needing attention for this collaboration:
Local Congregation Responsibilities:
- Work with Rolling Ridge to tailor the event to the local congregation
- Promote the event throughout congregation and community
- - Handle registration process (e.g., collecting registrations and fees, sending registration instructions, handling participant communication and questions, providing name tags for onsite events)
- - Welcome participants at start of the event
- - Follow-up with Rolling Ridge at conclusion of the event
If ONLINE event:
- - Create online confirmation with instructions how to participate on Zoom
- - Distribute/email any event materials as coordinated with facilitator
If ONSITE event:
- - Secure and set up local venue
- - Make needed photocopies for participants
- - Provide hospitality elements at the event if onsite (including lunch and snacks)
Although “Rolling Ridge of the Road” is being partially underwritten by a grant from the United Methodist Foundation, we are asking churches to make a donation to support the ongoing ministry of Rolling Ridge.
Rolling Ridge Responsibilities:
- - Work with local leaders to tailor the event for the congregation and the community
- - Provide pertinent planning information and materials before the event
- - Facilitate the event experience onsite or online
- - Collect event feedback
- - Follow-up with church leadership at conclusion of the event
- - Assist with ongoing resources to support the church leadership in congregational spiritual formation
Event Schedule: A suggested time frame for ONSITE Saturday event: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 8 a.m. – Rolling Ridge staff arrives
- 9 a.m. – Registration
- 9:30 – 12 noon – Morning session
- 12 noon -1:00 p.m. – Lunch
- 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Afternoon session
- 3:30 p.m. - Dismiss
Schedules for ONLINE events and half-day ONSITE events are available.
Check out our APPLICATION LINK for more information.