Rolling Ridge on the Road
“Rolling Ridge on the Road” is our intentional effort to collaborate with local ministry leaders to host an event with a church (online or onsite) and to bring experiential, contemplative spiritual formation resources to their congregation and community.
● We respect the ministry challenges within local communities these days.
● We recognize how stretched local ministry resources have become.
● We resonate with desires to go deeper in Christ and further in mission.
Through Rolling Ridge on the Road we are here to walk alongside you and to offer what we can to help strengthen and extend your church's ministry of spiritual formation. We see this happening through a one-day contemplative event (onsite or online) and follow up resources, with seeds planted for soul care through spiritual companionship groups within and through your congregation.
Through a grant from the United Methodist Foundation, Rolling Ridge is able to offer these services with reduced costs and virtually no expense! However we can serve you, we desire that local congregations awaken afresh to who they are, who they can become, and the unique ministry expressions they might yet attempt all in the way of Jesus.
How does this collaboration happen? Once we receive and review your “Getting Started” information, we will contact you for an initial conversation to determine together the best next steps. As your event begins to take shape, we will be right alongside providing guidelines and pertinent information for hosting your meaning-filled “Rolling Ridge on the Road” event. On the day of your event, a Rolling Ridge facilitator will be present to lead and work with the volunteers from your church. Following your Rolling Ridge event, we will get your feedback and work with you to discern next best steps. At any time in this process, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you might have.
Based upon the invitation to hold a “Rolling Ridge on the Road” event within the context of a local congregation, there are specific Event Responsibilities needing attention for this collaboration:
Local Congregation Responsibilities:
● Work with Rolling Ridge to tailor the event to the local congregation
● Promote the event throughout congregation and community
● Handle registration process (e.g., collecting registrations and fees, sending registration instructions, handling participant communication and questions, providing name tags for onsite events)
● Welcome participants at start of the event
● Follow-up with Rolling Ridge at conclusion of the event
If ONLINE event:
● Create online confirmation with instructions how to participate on Zoom
● Distribute/email any event materials as coordinated with facilitator
If ONSITE event:
● Secure and set up local venue
● Make needed photocopies for participants
● Provide hospitality elements at the event if onsite (including lunch and snacks)
Although “Rolling Ridge of the Road” is being partially underwritten by a grant from the United Methodist Foundation, we are asking churches to make a donation to support the ongoing ministry of Rolling Ridge.
Rolling Ridge Responsibilities:
● Work with local leaders to tailor the event for the congregation and the community
● Provide pertinent planning information and materials before the event
● Facilitate the event experience onsite or online
● Collect event feedback
● Follow-up with church leadership at conclusion of the event
● Assist with ongoing resources to support the church leadership in congregational spiritual formation
Event Schedule: A suggested time frame for ONSITE Saturday event: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
● 8 a.m. – Rolling Ridge staff arrives
● 9 a.m. – Registration
● 9:30 – 12 noon – Morning session
● 12 noon -1:00 p.m. – Lunch
● 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Afternoon session
● 3:30 p.m. - Dismiss
Schedules for ONLINE events and half-day ONSITE events are available.