Job Openings at the Ridge
Rolling Ridge seeks responsible, creative and reliable professionals to join the team at New England's top rated Christian retreat center. The right candidates for any position have a desire to thrive in the hospitality "industry" in an environment unique and completely unlike the "industry".
Rolling Ridge employees are team players, able to problem solve individually while communicating clearly, and possess a positive attitude and a willing spirit. Come to Rolling Ridge, and be a part of a team where you can expand and be truly appreciated.
Job descriptions below. If interested in applying, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RETREAT CENTER EMPLOYMENT/MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
Rolling Ridge Retreat and Conference Center in North Andover is a historic, top rated Christian retreat center, year round facility that welcomes groups and individuals for day meetings and overnight retreats.
Emerging from the pandemic, Rolling Ridge is offering multiple opportunities for hospitality workers to return to their passion and craft in a NEW AND DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENT than they were in prior to COVID shutdown. Employment at Rolling Ridge offers a unique level of MINISTRY to its guests that is rarely found in today’s workforce; seeking to transform lives by connecting all people, God, and creation, at the 38 acres of beauty along the shore of Lake Cochichewick and the early 1900’s mansion that is Rolling Ridge.
Let your career transform to ministry today in one (or more) of the following positions which are available immediately. Please reply to us with a thoughtful cover letter and resume to thestaff@Rollingridge.org. Thank you.
PART TIME HOUSEKEEPER: The Housekeeper assists the Housekeeping Manager in attending to the interior of the Rolling Ridge facilities, creating a clean and orderly environment for guests with integrity and attention to detail. Essential Job Functions:
• Assist Housekeeping Manager in ensuring the retreat center is kept clean and maintained by performing a wide variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and polishing
• Clean bedrooms including making beds, swiffering floors, dusting and emptying trash
• Clean bathrooms including mopping floors, cleaning toilets, showers, sinks, windowsills, and emptying trash
• Restocking bathrooms with supplies
• Keeping all public and meeting spaces clean
• Notify Housekeeping Manager and/or Operations Director of any damages, deficits, or disturbances in rooms
• Address complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
FULL TIME WEEKEND ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF GUEST SERVICES: This NEW AND EXCITING opportunity gives the right candidate the opportunity to assist the Director of Guest Services in ensuring all guests’ needs are met.
The ideal candidate has a rich background in all facets of the Hospitality Industry; understanding the polish and flair that goes with greeting, serving, and catering to the needs of a guest. The right candidate ALSO has a solid capability of administrative office work, reservations system computer literate, internet savy, a hospitable phone demeanor, and a strong temperament for multi-tasking.
The position is split approximately 40% administrative, and 60% Hospitality. The right candidate should be comfortable interchanging roles at a moments’ notice, and able to work on their feet, think on their feet, and enjoy knowing their work is as much ministry as it is employment.
PART and/or FULL TIME CULINARY TEAM MEMBER: The right candidate for this position has extensive knowledge of the hospitality “industry” with a strong desire to utilize those skills in an environment that is unique and unlike the “industry”. The right candidate is a team player, able to problem solve individually while communicating clearly, and is interested in a longer-term stable employment. He or she must be able to sustain a one-person kitchen, including dishwashing (when the number of guests is low) with a positive attitude and a willing spirit. Qualified candidate must be able to prepare buffet-style meals from scratch in the lakeside gallery dining room for 10-70 people. The perfect candidate must be personable, flexible, available afternoons and early evenings and part of most weekends, and able to work independently at times. Come to Rolling Ridge- and allow your culinary expertise a place to expand and be truly appreciated.
• Experience in institutional or food service setting
• Knowledge of standards of food preparation and serving, storage of food, and kitchen procedures
• Knowledge of and experience in preparation of special dietary foods including vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and dairy free
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Serv Safe Certified
• Ability to move 50 pounds
• Work with and supervise kitchen assistants in absence of Culinary Services Manager
• Ability to have meals ready for scheduled times
• Ability to resolve guests’ needs with dietary restriction about menu ingredients as they arise with grace.
• Knowledge in kitchen equipment according to safe recommended methods.
Please respond with a thoughtful cover letter and resume to thestaff@Rollingridge.org.
All positions are available IMMEDIATELY. APPLY TODAY!