Job Openings at the Ridge
Rolling Ridge seeks responsible, creative and reliable professionals to join the team at New England's top rated Christian retreat center. The right candidates for any position have a desire to thrive in the hospitality "industry" in an environment unique and completely unlike the "industry".
Rolling Ridge employees are team players, able to problem solve individually while communicating clearly, and possess a positive attitude and a willing spirit. Come to Rolling Ridge, and be a part of a team where you can expand and be truly appreciated.
Open Positions Currently:
- Weekend Assistant to the Guest Services Director
- Part-time Cook
Job descriptions below. If interested in applying, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
WEEKEND ASSISTANT TO THE GUEST SERVICES DIRECTOR
Essential Job Functions:
1. Use the Kx reservation system.
• Update group information in correct places in reservation, ie: final guest count, dietary restrictions, and meeting space set ups
2. Assist the Director with daily operations.
• Contact group leaders prior to arrival to finalize group's needs
• Answer phones and take messages
• Check emails, respond to them, and take pertinent information from them and input into Kx
• Summarize guests' evaluations
• File group information after departure
• Check availability for Private Retreat guests
• All other duties as assigned by Guest Services Director
3. Host Groups
• Welcome guests and show them to rooms
• Set-up meeting rooms with equipment as instructed
• Deliver a welcome orientation to group
• Help kitchen with dishing washing and food prep, dining room set-up and cleaning
• Keep coffee and tea station stocked
• Perform housekeeping chores such as vacuuming, taking out trash, refilling water coolers
• Shovel pathways for guests during winter
• Carry and stack chairs and tables
• Ability to thrive in a United Methodist organization and a setting that embraces diverse faith beliefs
• Possess excellent secretarial/administrative and public relation skills
• Must have the ability to prioritize and organize varied/multiple tasks
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to work independently and take initiative to complete tasks
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Friendly, energetic , hardworking and a team player
• Comfortable in speaking with individuals and groups.
• Attentive to the needs of a group but unobtrusive
• Able to be on feet for long periods of time
Connect with us
Worship in the Woods
TAIZE Lenten Retreat