For the Group Leader
Reservations will only be held for the number of rooms reserved on the contract. Rolling Ridge is not responsible for accommodating additional guests not included in the contract. Please reserve the number of rooms you will likely need, in case more rooms cannot be added to your allocation later. Your reservation will be confirmed upon Rolling Ridge’s receipt of your signed contract and deposit, along with a copy of your organization’s Tax-Exempt forms and Event Liability Insurance certificate (with Rolling Ridge listed as additional insured), where appropriate. Rolling Ridge Retreat and Conference Center is a Not-For-Profit organization operated by the New England Conference of the United Methodist Church. Rolling Ridge will not reimburse tax credits after the event. Food and beverage charges are subject to applicable state and local taxes.
- In the event of a cancellation made less than 90 days, you will lose your initial deposit
- If the cancellation is made less than 30 days, you will be responsible for 60% of the Guaranteed Minimum
- If the cancellation is made less than 10 days before the scheduled event, you will be responsible for 100% of the Guaranteed Minimum.
- A deposit of 20% of the estimated costs for your event is due within 15 days of contract date, which will be applied to your final bill. Reservations are not confirmed until the initial deposit is received.
- A second deposit is due 90 days before your event. The amount is 50% of the total outstanding balance on your contract.
- Payment for your GUARANTEED MINIMUM is due one week before your event
- The final invoice is due 10 days after the conclusion of your event
PREPARING FOR YOUR EVENT
15 days after contract is received
- Return signed contract and initial deposit to the Rolling Ridge office at 660 Great Pond Road, North Andover, MA 01845. Make checks payable to "Rolling Ridge".
90 days before your event
- Second deposit is due.
30 days before your event
- Confirm with Rolling Ridge the number of people coming to your event. You may increase the number of guests subject to availability. This is the GUARANTEED MINIMUM for which your group will be invoiced.
- If you do not confirm your estimate at this time, Rolling Ridge will assume that the number on the contract is the guaranteed minimum.
14 Days before your event
- Give Rolling Ridge the final count (numbers above your minimum) for your event including meals, dietary restrictions, room assignments, meeting room setup, AV and equipment needs. Your final count is not subject to a reduction. At this time, you will receive a quote of the final payment due, based on your final count.
- Please note, if dietary restrictions are not received 14 days before your event, the Culinary Staff may not be able to accommodate severe dietary needs.
7 Days before your event
- Your final payment is due.
- Miscellaneous charges including photocopies, equipment and extra catering accrued during your event, as well as early arrival, late checkout fees, and meal surcharges will be billed and are due within 10 days.
- Failure to pay the balance promptly will result in late fees, finance charges and submission to collection agencies.
DURING YOUR EVENT
- Your reservation includes comfortable guest accommodations (for overnight events), meeting room(s) appropriate for your group size, a dedicated host for your stay, towel exchange service if staying more than 3 nights, and use of the Rolling Ridge grounds for planned activities and relaxation.
- Check-in starts at 5:00 pm on your contracted start date, unless prior arrangements have been made for early arrival.
- Bedroom check-out on the final day is 10:00 am, unless prior arrangements have been made for a later check-out.
- Additional fees may apply for early arrival and late check-out.
- If for any reason a reserved guest or meeting room is not available on the date of the event, Rolling Ridge may substitute similar or comparable facilities.
- Such substitution will be considered full performance of Rolling Ridge’s obligations under this agreement.
- Default meal times are: Breakfast 8:00 am, Lunch 12:30 pm, Dinner 6:00 pm.
- Meal time changes must be mutually agreed upon prior to your arrival and are based on the needs of all groups in house.
- Please keep all food and beverages in the main dining and sitting room area, or your meeting room.
- Rolling Ridge can provide snacks at an additional cost.
- We cater to all individuals with special dietary needs. All lunches and dinners (unless otherwise arranged) are “Chef’s Choice”, served buffet or family-style. The standard meal plan includes a buffet of one chef’s choice entrée (individual vegetarian/vegan entrees upon advanced request). Additional entrees are available at additional cost.
- In order to cover the cost of extra ingredients and preparation time, we charge an additional $6 per person per day (or $2 per meal) for guests who have dietary requirements that cannot be accommodated within the standard meal plan.
- The group leader will receive our Dietary Form which will need to be forwarded to their guests. The group leader is responsible for coordinating special dietary requests with Guest Services.
- The Lakeside Gallery Dining Room and Sitting Room are public areas and are to be enjoyed by all guests. Please depart these rooms after your meal so we can clear and set for the next meal. Shoes and shirts are always required. Local health requirements mandate that only Rolling Ridge staff may have access to the kitchen.
- Because of health restrictions, groups cannot prepare their own meals in house at Rolling Ridge.
- The property may be rented by more than one group at any one time unless the group has met exclusive use criteria. Please respect other guests, their activities and meeting spaces.
- It is our purpose to promote a distraction-free environment at Rolling Ridge.
- Please respect quiet hours from 9:00 pm (outside) and 11:00 pm to 7:00 am (inside).
- Please respect other guests and restrict group conversation and activities to the downstairs area.
- All youth groups (under 18) must be accompanied throughout their stay by one adult (over 21) for every 5 youth in attendance.
- Please help us keep the property clean and turn off the lights when leaving an area.
- Please consult a staff member before moving any furniture.
- We ask that all projects that include the use of markers, crayons, paints, glitter, glue and similar items be strictly supervised.
- Any damage or breakage must be reported to a staff member immediately. Groups will be responsible for recovering or replacing damaged property.
- Firearms, illegal drugs, fireworks and pets (except certified service dogs) are strictly prohibited from the building or grounds.
- Smoking is limited to designated outdoor areas only.
- Rolling Ridge is an alcohol free facility.
- Candles, incense and open flames of any kind are not permitted under any circumstance per order of the North Andover Fire Department. A $500 fine WILL be imposed if Rolling Ridge staff discovers any live-flame candle use on the property.
- Fireplaces are not to be used without permission of Rolling Ridge staff. A Rolling Ridge staff member must light and attend all fires.
- Frisbee and ball-playing are not allowed in the courtyard or near the buildings. All activities of this nature must be conducted in the playing fields.
- Lake Cochichewick holds the drinking water supply for North Andover. Swimming is NOT permitted.
- Adult guests are invited to check-out kayaks or a canoe to use on the lake from Guest Services. Please complete a form in the office prior to use. When kayaking, please be courteous of our neighbors and do not trespass onto neighboring properties.
- DJ’s or professional sound is not permitted on the picnic grounds. No sound systems other than the standard “boom box” is allowed on the grounds.
- Please be respectful of sound levels when playing any music outside.
Rolling Ridge is not responsible for any articles damaged, lost, stolen or left behind.
Connect with us
Money and Mission
Falling Upward while Running with Wolves
Worship in the Woods