"The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See" BOOK STUDY 1st
Monthly on the 1st Sunday 3:00 PM to Sunday, September 5, 2021 4:30 PM
The enlightenment that people often seek in other spiritual traditions has been present in the Christian contemplative tradition from the beginning. Join us as we look at Richard Rohr's book, "The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See," and learn what it means to be spiritually awake. Through the gospels and Christian mystics, we will discover the forces that separate us from our True Self in the Divine, in God.
Together, we will explore:
- why our ego resists change and growth
- what Jesus, the first mystical leader in the West, can teach us
- what is useful about popular ideas such as "The Law of Attraction"
- how we can enhance spiritual awareness without sacrificing reason
We encourage you to purchase a copy of the book, register, and join us this spring and summer ONLINE as we dive into these topics, discuss, and share together as a safe and sacred community of spiritual companions on the journey.
Although there is no charge for this book study, please consider a freewill offering to support Rolling Ridge in our ministry as a resource for spiritual formation, contemplative sharing, deep listening, and spiritual companionship.
- May 16 = Preface (pp. 9-12)
- June 6 = Chapter 1-4 (pp. 15-38)
- June 20 = Chapter 5-9 (pp. 39-65)
- July 4 = Chapters 10-12 (pp. 67-97)
- July 18 = CANCELLED because of the Joan Chittister event.
- August 1 = Chapters 13-16 (pp. 98-128)
- August 15 = Chapters 17-19 (pp. 129-142)
- September 5 = Chapters 20-22 (pp. 143-162)
- September 19 = Appendices (pp. 163-181)
About the leader(s)