Rolling Ridge Programs
Through our programs at Rolling Ridge, we create safe and sacred space for deep listening and spiritual companionship in the Christian contemplative tradition. Our purpose is to change the world through people who behold the Sacred Presence of God in all people and all things, and who help their communities draw near to the Holy by living in compassion, restoring balance, healing wounds, and promoting understanding. We seek to transform lives by connecting all people, God, and creation.
Our programs include:
- Day Apart Retreats = One-day retreats (9:30 am to 3:30 pm) designed for busy people which encourage personal enrichment and spiritual growth. Trained retreat leaders guide each session with teaching, reflection, silence, sharing, worship or meditation. Lunch in the Lakeside Gallery Dining Room is included. NOTE: Onsite participation is limited to a smaller number of people, as COVID restrictions and safety precautions are all followed as recommended, which creates stricter guidelines for any onsite dining/conference space/guest rooms.
- A Way for the Day online retreats. Since COVID19, most Day Apart Retreats have had to transition for safety concerns, as well as recognizing that there are many people throughout the country and afar who would like to participate in an online retreat. Opt in for three different ways to experience the online retreat, "STILL" at home retreat, "SABBATH" online retreat, and "SANCTUARY" online retreat. "Sabbath" and "Sanctuary" both are online, but are also onsite, whereas "Still" is from the comfort of your own home. All three are experienced from the safety level of each individual, but are all online retreats.
- Gateways to God = A two-year training program in missional spiritual direction, and a one-year advanced training in missional spiritual direction. The next cohorts for both programs coming in 2021.
- Insight = Peer supervision support group for spiritual directors.
- Institute of Spiritual Healing & Aroma therapy (ISHA) = In partnership with ISHA, we offer a one-year certificate training program in healing touch spiritual ministries and a one-week intensive for Level 1 Certification in Aromatherapy.
- Overnight Retreats = Building on our Day Apart Retreats, Rolling Ridge offers overnight retreats for rest and renewal. Whether for a weekend or a week, a retreat at the Ridge will restore you in body, mind, and spirit. For Personal Retreat information, click here.
- Richard Rohr New England = In collaboration with the Center for Action and Contemplation, Rolling Ridge hosts various Rohr-related programs, including a monthly contemplative small group.
- RISE Together Mentoring Network = In partnership with RISE Together, Rolling Ridge and the New England United Methodist Conference Commission on Race and Religion are launching a mentoring cohort for women of color in ministry. Applications for the 2020-2021 year available on September 15, 2019. The coh0rt is not limited to United Methodists, but open to all women of color who are seminarians or in the early years of their professional ministry.
- Worship in the Woods = A monthly ministry of nature contemplation and communion, meeting at Point of Pines on the grounds of Rolling Ridge, inspired by the ministry of Church of the Woods and Kairos Earth in Canterbury, NH.
Our ministry partners include:
- American Baptist Network of Spiritual Directors = This emerging network sponsored by American Baptist Churches USA seeks to resource and support American Baptists who express their call to ministry as spiritual directors and those who seek to explore and deepen their practice in this growing vocation.
- Center for Action and Contemplation
- Hearts on Fire = The Fellowship of United Methodist Spiritual Directors and Retreat Leaders (FUMSDRL) or "Hearts on Fire" connects, supports, and resources people involved with spiritual formation ministry in the UMC and other denominations. They offer an online directory of spiritual directors and other resources.
- Kairos Earth
- Tinkergarten = Each season, outdoor classes where kids learn through play take place onsite at the Ridge. Designed by education experts and loved by all families, the play-based outdoor curriculum guides parents in raising healthy, confident, and capable kids. For children ages 18 months to 8 years, Tinkergarten helps families get outside to make the most of their kids’ early learning years. For more information on the weekly classes held now being held onsite at Rolling Ridge, email Kay Milligan, North Andover Tinkergarten Leader.
For more information on our Rolling Ridge programs
For our upcoming Rolling Ridge events
Connect with us
I'm Looking for a Spiritual Director