Center for Spirituality and Leadership
The Center for Spirituality and Leadership (CSL) develops the programming at Rolling Ridge. Our purpose is to change the world by calling forth leaders who behold the Sacred Presence of God in all people and all things, and who help their communities draw near to the Holy by living in compassion, restoring balance, healing wounds, and promoting understanding. We seek to transform lives by connecting all people, God, and creation.
Our programs include:
- Day Apart Retreats = One-day retreats (9:30 am to 3:30 pm) designed for busy people which encourage personal enrichment and spiritual growth. Trained retreat leaders guide each session with teaching, reflection, silence, sharing, worship or meditation. Lunch in the Lakeside Gallery Dining Room is included.
- Gateways to God = A two-year training program in missional spiritual direction, and a one-year advanced training in missional spiritual direction. The next cohorts for both programs coming in 2021.
- Insight = Peer supervision support group for spiritual directors.
- Institute of Spiritual Healing & Aroma therapy (ISHA) = In partnership with ISHA, we offer a one-year certificate training program in healing touch spiritual ministries and a one-week intensive for Level 1 Certification in Aromatherapy.
- Overnight Retreats = Building on our Day Apart Retreats, Rolling Ridge is now offering overnight retreats for rest and renewal. Whether for a weekend or a week, a retreat at the Ridge will restore you in body, mind, and spirit.
- Richard Rohr New England = In collaboration with the Center for Action and Contemplation, Rolling Ridge hosts various Rohr-related programs, including a monthly contemplative small group.
- RISE Together Mentoring Network = In partnership with RISE Together, Rolling Ridge and the New England United Methodist Conference Commission on Race and Religion are launching a mentoring cohort for women of color in ministry. Applications for the 2020-2021 year available on September 15, 2019. The coh0rt is not limited to United Methodists, but open to all women of color who are seminarians or in the early years of their professional ministry.
- Worship in the Woods = A new monthly ministry of nature contemplation and communion, meeting at Point of Pines on the grounds of Rolling Ridge, inspired by the ministry of Church of the Woods and Kairos Earth in Canterbury, NH.
Our ministry partners include:
- Center for Action and Contemplation
- Kairos Earth
- RISE Together Mentoring Network = A national mentorship network for women of color in ministry based at Union Theological Seminary in New York, NY.
For more information on our Rolling Ridge programs
For our upcoming Rolling Ridge events
Connect with us
Rohr Action and Contemplation Small Group
Worship in the Woods
Advent Quiet Day
Winter Solstice Sacred Circle Dance Retreat